Scrum is not totally lean (of course). We can look at Scrum with a few questions:
- Why do we have 2 week sprints? Isn’t that an artificial and therefore wasteful limit that batches up work?
- Why do we have 7 people on the team? Can we have less (or more) and make sure everyone is engaged appropriately?
- Why do we demo at the end of a sprint and not when the story is complete? Doesn’t this sound like batching work?
- Why do we estimate story points in an estimation session? Some of those stories we may not played because of reprioritization?
- Shouldn’t estimates be done ONLY by those working on a story? Having people that don’t work on the story estimate seems like a handoff situation.
- Why do we work on several stories during a sprint? Can we just work on one and therefore reduce inventories of work?